Monday, January 4, 2010



From the Person Who Knows You Best

Dear Dixie,
I have a word for you,
Something out of the blue,
But completely true,


You brighten up my day,
With everything you say,
Every gesture or silly face,
The way you talk with an awkward pace,

You may eat the same thing every day,
But yet you always have a new surprise,
Sometimes things get in your way,
But you cool off by baking some pies,

You have an amazing sense of humor,
And it seems like in your heart you have a happy tumor,
For you there's always some excitement,
You need social interaction to be content,

Your beauty exceeds that of millions,
But your inner beauty is another thing,
I wish I could capture it and float away on its wing,
Because that beauty exceeds those of billions,

You never cease to amaze me,
With all your talents and your dreams,
And one thing you've helped me to see,
Is how to finish things with perfect seams,

Your example and your might,
Shines brighter than any flourescent light,
But your compassion and your love,
Is what makes me feel as peaceful as a dove,

When you explain things, the future seems near,
And it seems like it is almost here,
Soon it will be time for us to pack up and leave,
But for now, let's sit here and weave,

Let's weave the patterns of our lives,
So when the future does come,
We will be prepared to be the best wives,
We will be great, and then some,

But the one the thing you should keep in mind,
Is that you mean more to me than you'll ever know,
And I hope that what I do will make that show,
You've strengthened me, and never left me behind

From the bottom of my heart,
I thank you dearly,
I love you so,
Yours sincerely,

Oval.


This poem is dedicated to one of the best people I know, who fortunately for me, happens to be my best friend! I feel like I knew her in Heaven, because of how quickly we bonded in such a short time. She is truly an amazing person with everything going for her, and she has so much potential. I am very blessed to have her in my life, and I don't know what I'd do without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.