As I walk this path they call life,
I am suddenly urged by an unknowable force,
To sprint,
To sprint to a finish line I know not the existence of,
And yet here I am,
Running around in meaningless circles,
And so,
I stop,
I try to look back to see where I've come,
But in the midst of reaching unreachable goals,
The good times have slipped away,
Memories of what could have been,
Are gone,
And instead I am flooded with a sadness,
A sorrow which makes me realize,
That in my quest to fulfill my future,
I've neglected my duty to the present,
And am now regretting my past,
All the joys I should have felt,
And all the love that could have been mine,
was traded for my entrance into this race of time.
My fears of times wasted,
Have turned into tears of time hastened..
Oh how I wish I could go back.
But the clock keeps ticking...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.